In partnership with the California Contractors State License Board, I will be hosting multiple FREE Senior Scam Stopper Seminars.
Experts will provide tips on how to protect yourself from different types of fraud and scams, like identity theft, elder financial abuse, insurance fraud, and more. Seniors, their families, and caregivers are all welcome to attend this seminar.
- One in five seniors has been a victim of fraud.
- Seniors are the most targeted group.
- New scams are developed constantly.
Tuesday, September 19 | 10 a.m. – 12 noon
St. Johns Valley of Faith Church, 500 Campus Drive
Wednesday, September 27 | 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Avenal Senior Center, 108 Kings Way
Thursday, September 28 | 10 a.m. – 12 noon
St. Johns Baptist Church, 1401 E Brundage Lane
Monday, October 2 | 10 a.m. – 12 noon
McFarland Community Building, 199 W Sherwood Avenue
Thursday, November 16 | 10 a.m. – 12 noon
Hanford Senior Center, 401 N Irwin Street
Please feel free to call (661) 335-0302 for more information.
Autumn is finally here! I am thrilled to tell you that my office has partnered with organizations and community leaders to host "A Safe Halloween" and fall celebrations throughout District 32 where families, children and friends can safely trick-or-treat and enjoy fall festivities. I hope that you and your family are able to make it and join the fun!
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind for trick-or-treating:
- Place reflective tape on costumes and provide flashlights for visibility.
- Remind children never to get in a car with a stranger.
- Tell children that it's never OK to enter a stranger's home.
- Trick-or-treat in a group.
- Adults should carefully check all treats before they are eaten.
- Parents should stay close to younger children.
- Stay on the sidewalk - don't jaywalk.